APC Professional Chaplaincy Webinar
presented by Brian Hughes BCC, Matt Norvell MDiv MS BCC NCC and Emilee Walker-Cornetta MDiv
Thursday, May 18, 2017
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm MDT
11:00 am - 12:30 pm PDT
10:00 am - 11:30 am AKDT
8:00 am - 9:30 am HAST
90 minutes (1.5 CE hours, Methodology 8 - Research)
To provide an introduction and brief overview of some of the best research in chaplaincy published in the previous year to make current, excellent research more accessible to professional chaplains.
In 90 minutes participants will hear a summation of roughly 20 of the best articles whose topics are relevant to the work of professional chaplains.
Register by Sunday, May 14, 2017
Registration by the published deadline is required to ensure that participants receive handouts, login information and pre-reading materials, if any, in sufficient time before the webinar.
1. The goal of this workshop is to present excellent research articles that relate to the practice of chaplaincy while encouraging chaplains to engage current research to sustain and foster excellence in clinical practice
2. This workshop will present a survey of the best research related to chaplaincy that was published in the previous calendar year
3. An overview of each articles thesis, methodology and findings will be presented
Brian Hughes MDiv BCC is a stay-at-home father and a consultant at Health Care Chaplaincy Network, New York, NY. He serves as chair of the 2017 Conference Planning Committee. Matt Norvell is the pediatric staff chaplain for Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. He is endorsed by the Alliance of Baptists and has been a member of the APC since 2013. Emilee Walker-Cornetta is a perinatal, neonatal and pediatric chaplain at the Columbia University Medical Center campus of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in NYC. She is a member of the Episcopal Church.
$55 per computer terminal/member
$95 per computer terminal/nonmember
To participate, all that is needed is a computer with Internet access and speakers, as the presentation audio and visuals are "webcast." Our webinars are priced per computer terminal, not per participant. That means you can invite as many colleagues to join you as can fit in your conference room or cluster around your computer. As a participant, you will be able to interact with the presenters, who will ask questions of the audience and answer questions posed by participants.
• As a best practice, we highly recommend an Ethernet connected computer for best connectivity and listening experience. You may experience some buffering of audio on lower bandwidth wireless connections.
• Internet Browsers: Internet Explorer 10 or higher (Windows), Firefox 4 or higher, Google Chrome 2 or higher, Safari 4 or higher.
• Stable Internet Connection, DSL or above: 100kbps for video transmission, 300kbps for screen sharing and remote control, 500kbps to ensure fluidity of all services.
• Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X v10.4 or higher, Linux, Solaris.
• Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or newer: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
• Computer Speakers
The link below will test your system to make sure you are running the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player and to make sure it is not being blocked by your network.
System Test: http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck
The "Connectivity" line should have a green check mark. If it does not please contact your network administrator to allow TelSpanWeb access to port RTMPE 1935. This will allow your Adobe Flash Player to run properly through TelSpanWeb. "Application Sharing" applies only to presenters, so if you see a red "X," that's OK.
If you have any further questions or concerns, or if you do not have computer speakers, please contact APC at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an e-mail confirmation upon completion of the online registration and payment process. Instructions for logging into the webinar will be e-mailed to all participants two business days before the event.
The registration fee (minus a $20 nonrefundable processing charge) will be refunded up to May 14, 2017. APC reserves the right to cancel the program by May 14, 2017 if an insufficient number of people register. In case of APC cancellation, all registration fees will be refunded.